You doubt that someone know your Gmail password ? You used same Gmail password for more than 3 months ? You use the same password on other websites ? then it’s recommended to change your Gmail password.
If you didn’t login to gmail for long period or registered your credentials into your mobile or computer you may have forget your Gmail password.
Experts advise changing your password every month! Many sites remind you or even force you to change your password. It is very annoying because we feel that it always happens at the wrong time, but it is for your safety.
There is two situation when you want to change your Google account password
1 – You know your current password
2 – You forgot your current password
How to Change Gmail Password if you know your current password?
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- On upper right corner, click on ‘Sign in‘.
- Use your currents credentials and click “Sign in”
This may seem like a convenience to you, but you should consider unchecking the “Stay connected” option, especially if you are connecting to a computer that is not yours.
- Click on ‘Signing in to Google‘.
- Click on ‘password’.Next to the date you changed your password for the last time. Google will ask you to re-enter your current password
- First re-enter your current password then choose your new Gmail password and confirm.Keep your account secure by creating a strong Gmail password.
Never write your password: You must absolutely memorize your password and never write it on a sheet, post-it, in your computer or smartphone. If you can not memorize it, you can write it down but try to find a way to scramble the tracks by encrypting it
Second method :
- Go to mail.google.com.
- Click on setting icon (on top right corner, next your profile picture)
- Click on ‘settings‘
- Select ‘Account and imports‘
- Click ‘Change password‘
- Choose your new Gmail password and confirm.Check our post Password Security to learn how to create and retain the best secure password
Keep your account secure by creating a strong Gmail password.
How to Change Gmail Password if you forgot your current password?
- Go to mail.google.com
- Click on ‘sign in’ if there is Gmail homepage, or sometime it may show you direct login page.
- Click on ‘need help’. to go to google account recovery page
- It will ask you to enter the last password you remember, if you remember any last password enter it there or you can click I don’t know if you don’t remember it anymore.
- There will be get verification code page, you can select SMS or automated call to receive on your phone number the verification code to recover your account password.
- If you do not have access to that number then you can reset it via email recovery option also. Click on ‘I can’t access my phone’.
Then a email will be sent to your alternative email address where you have to follow the instructions given by Google team.Reset your Password:
be sure to be able to log in to your mail account before resetting because an email will be sent to you to continue the manipulation.
- Click ‘continue’ and you will have to enter the code you received.
- Enter new password and confirm it. You’re done, your password is changed.